As the summer season approaches, many of us are looking forward to spending more time outdoors and soaking up the sun. However, with increased exposure to UV light comes the risk of sunburn, skin damage, and even skin cancer. While traditional sunscreens and protective clothing can help reduce these risks, there is growing interest in the potential of CBD to offer additional protection from the harmful effects of UV radiation.
UV Light’s Effects On The Skin
UV radiation that penetrates the skin can damage the DNA in skin cells, resulting in mutations that can lead to skin cancer. It can also cause photoaging, and premature aging of the skin, which can result in wrinkles, sagging skin, and brown spots.
In addition to these long-term effects, UV radiation can also cause temporary skin damage, such as sunburn. It can also weaken the immune system, making the body’s ability to fight off skin infections and other diseases more difficult. This can increase the risk of skin infections and other complications.
Choosing The Best CBD Sun Protection Product
When looking for a CBD sun protection product, there are a few key factors to consider to ensure that you’re getting the best protection for your skin. With any skincare product, it is important to look over the ingredient label to ensure it is made with high-quality, non-allergenic oils and other carriers to help reduce irritation or rash and help nourish and protect the skin.
When it comes to evaluating CBD content, find products that are responsibly sourced from reputable suppliers – it is also important to evaluate the actual CBD content in each product. Skincare products with high-quality, high-concentrate CBD will be more effective.
Muddy Boot Botanicals offers a range of CBD-infused skincare products that can help protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Some of our products that are particularly well-suited for sun protection include:
- CBD Hand & Body Lotion: Applying a daily moisturizer with CBD can help protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. Muddy Boot Botanicals’ CBD Moisturizer contains a blend of hydrating and nourishing ingredients like organic coconut MCT oil, kelp extract, cocoa butter, and 1000mg of CBD that can help prevent sun damage while keeping the skin moisturized.
- “Pure” CBD Body Butter: For those looking for a luxurious skincare topical, look no further than Muddy Boot Botanicals’ “Pure” CBD Body Butter. This unscented skin salve is made from all-natural ingredients like soy wax, coconut MCT oil, cocoa butter, and 4000mg of full spectrum hemp extract that is specifically designed to help keep skin nourished, minimize joint and muscle pain, and is perfect for those with sensitive skin.
- CBD Lip Balm: Don’t forget to protect your lips from the sun! Muddy Boot Botanicals’ CBD Lip Balm contains SPF 15 and is infused with CBD and other natural ingredients to keep your lips soft, hydrated, and protected.
Precautions and Considerations When Using CBD For Sun Exposure
While CBD (cannabidiol) is known to have some potential benefits for the skin, such as reducing inflammation and promoting skin health, there are some precautions and considerations to keep in mind when using it for sun exposure. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are using a CBD-infused sunscreen or other CBD topical product for sun exposure, be sure to read the label carefully and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Different products may have different recommended usage guidelines.
- It’s important to remember that CBD can interact with other medications you may be taking. If you are taking any prescription medications, be sure to talk to your doctor before using CBD products.
- Some people may have an allergic reaction to CBD or other ingredients in CBD products. If you experience any itching, redness, or other skin irritation after using a CBD product, discontinue use and consult with a medical professional right away.
As more research is conducted, CBD is sure to keep finding its way into many everyday products for its broad potential in helping many different afflictions. When evaluating CBD for its potential to help protect against sun damage, it is important to remember that CBD does not have SPF properties. However, CBD is a perfect addition to sunscreens, lotions, salves, lip balms, and other skin care products designed for sun exposure because of its potent anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. As always, if you have questions or concerns about CBD, it is best to consult with your doctor or primary care physician before use.